Sunday, September 20, 2009

Wonderful Sunday


Wow! So this is what it's like to sleep late, get up to a brilliant morning, a good cup of coffee and a birdbath full of starlings. It has been a long, long time since I was able to sleep so well on a Saturday night. Perhaps things are really changing for the better. I have recently put in for a transfer to another branch where I will be much less responsible for my co-workers' faults! I was hesitant at first to give up my position and go for something a bit more mundane, but now that it's done, I'm sure I've made the right decision. Even the sky looks bluer without the dread thought of hanging around the telephone, waiting to be called in to work becaues someone or another failed to show up. I didn't realize what a drain on the psyche it really was. Now that I'm free of it, I feel that I will ultimately have more time and more energy and more inspiration to pour into my writing while continuing to work toward my retirement goals. I know that this post is out of character for my usual banter, but I just had to say something this morning because I feel... liberated. I feel like the little bug in the picture, at peace with the Universe at last.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations sir! You are a wise man and you will benefit from your move. As will we all :)

    But the little bug appears to have a look on his face like, "Get that camera out of my face or I'll smack you upside your head!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you're pleased with your choice... No need to fret yourself over your job... Life is far too short!

    ReplyDelete