Friday, October 9, 2009

Birthday Gratitude


I know that I'm late posting about all the wonderful birthday wishes I received from people who really don't know how old I really am. Thank you to all my fans and readers and even to those persons who are pea-green with jealousy whenever my name is mentioned, but who sucked up with everyone else and wished me Birthday Greetings simply to be coooooooooooooool. I was thrilled by all the attention, truly I was, but I wanted to share something with those who really care about me: A picture of the best birthday gift I've ever received.
The above gift was a special delivery and what a surprise!! I abosolutely adore my new pet. Of course, I can't go in the backyard as often I used to and I'm still looking for Puglet. I think she got jealous and ran away. Yesterday, I actually taught my new parrot to speak a word.
(As you all know, parrots learn to speak many words through hearing it repititiously) Anyway you can imagine how proud I am of teaching my parrot, whom I've named Polly, her first word in such a short time. I've only had her for 3 days now. As soon as the shark cage arrives, I plan to spend much more time with her in the afternoons. The neighbors (the ones who still live nearby) say that they feel a lot safer with Polly around. She's much better than any watchdog I've ever had (I wonder where Puglet's gotten off to?) She doesn't make a lot of noise, but she sure puts the fear into those pesky would-be burglars, meter readers, mail carriers, sales reps, Girl Scouts, bike riders, street sweepers and joggers. I haven't seen any of them around lately and the street I live on is much more peaceful which is good for my new night shift job.

Thanks again, Miss Miller, for the new parrot! I love you! Brendan

2 comments:

  1. Parrot!?!?

    If that's a parrot, then I'm that Helga lady from American Gladiators!

    ReplyDelete